Friday, October 3, 2008

Knightstown, Valentia Island, Ireland



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

"There is a secret bond between slowness and memory, between speed and forgetting."
- Milan Kundera


Today's painting is "Knightstown, Valentia Island, Ireland". This quote I found pretty much sums up my Ireland paintings. I think one of the reasons I really enjoy my visits over there is that even though I feel like I'm packing in a lot of activity- usually that activity is painting, in one place for a large segment of a day. This painting was done on location one afternoon, at the top end of the street in Knightstown, standing at the end of the churchyard...across the street from the "Fuscia Restaurant" (a wonderful place btw!). Even on a gray day, the colors of the buildings are so very vibrant- it just spoke of a "whimsical" attitude to me. How can a rain shower get you down when your surroundings are so brilliant (and the weather does pass pretty quickly as well). I brought this one home...to tweak a roof-line later, and kept it in my private collection for a while. Now I'm releasing it to the world....for purchase information, click here to go to the auction site and consider a bid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home