Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Red Day Lilies



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm."
- Henry Thoreau


Well, this quote really gave me cause to grin...and yet give some forethought as to how awful it would be to reach the point of not being enthusiastic about anything! One thing that I'm definitely enthusiastic about is summer- flowers, food, sunshine, heat! all of it! There is just an abundance of wonderful things to catch my eye and paint this summer, my neighbors RED day lilies are just one of them. And another one of those things I notice every morning on my daily walk.

Contact me roxannesteed@gmail.com for more info or to purchase this painting.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OOOHH...love this piece Roxanne. It brought a smile to my face as soon as I saw it!

July 21, 2010 at 4:27 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments Rose!!

July 21, 2010 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma! This is my neighbor's fenceline! I hope there's lots more this coming summer (and will I ever make it through winter??)

January 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home