Friday, June 24, 2011

His and Hers, Oceanfront; beach, Atlantic, Chincoteague/Assateague National Seashore



8" x 10" oil on gallery wrapped, stretched canvas, with sides painted

“The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach”

- Henry Beston


After several rainy, dreary days this week, I was feeling like I needed a day at the beach. So I painted one, remembering a wonderful visit to Chincoteague, VA last September. Even though I go down to paint at the annual plein air paint-out & sale, I always try to take a lot of reference photos to bring home with me. I'm going back there this year, and painting this scene brought back memories of what a beautiful place those two islands (Chincoteague & Assateague) are.

Price includes framing and shipping/insurance to continental USA. Please contact me for framing selections. International buyers please contact me for shipping fee.


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $450 USD
Or, send me an email

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Really love this one Roxanne...great composition and such a fun subject. I need to go to the beach too...just to sit and do NOTHING! :-)

June 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma! I like that idea, too! Just a day to sit at the beach & people watch, seagull watch, read a book, & maybe even just veg out!

June 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Artist said...

i love those colors! great job!

July 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Artist! Hoping to get to the beach a lot more often this summer!

July 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home