Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Honey Blonde, Slouchy Beret, Cool Shades



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"A hat is a shameless flatterer, calling attention to an escaping curl, a tawny braid, a sprinkling of freckles over a pert nose, directing the eye to what is most unique about a face. Its curves emphasize a shining pair of eyes, a lofty forehead; its deep brim accentuates the pale tint of a cheek, creates an aura of prettiness, suggests a mystery that awakens curiosity in the onlooker." -Jeanine Larmoth

I'm really enjoying continuing this series of faces. I have a few more reference shots after Thanksgiving weekend! My daughters are 2 of my favorite models! (okay, my absolute favorites). I had intended to photograph this step by step, but once I got started, I get so deeply engrossed that I don't 'snap out of it' until the whole thing is done!
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD
Or, send me an email

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home