Monday, June 18, 2012

Geraniums and Lavender

5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite archival panel
For more information about this painting, or to purchase, click here.


Summer flowers are such a delight...fragrance, color, and the sounds of bees humming happily. 

So serene.

The lavender is ready for me to harvest.

Bringing in big bundles, the fragrance is wonderful inside the home home as well as out. 

Yes, this is what I crave all winter long. 

I am enjoying this moment of bliss in my garden, 

a little haven - heaven - here on earth.

I'm returning from almost two weeks of travels with family and am so glad to be back home. I was actually worried that I'd miss so much in the growing season, by being gone for that long.  One lucky thing, the very day I returned, my little orchid in my kitchen window has re-bloomed for me! 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely painting and such a pretty color combination! I am growing lavender this year too! Glad to have you back!

June 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Norma! You are going to enjoy the lavender! I planted another batch in a sunny spot, the Grosso variety. (they said it was ok for this zone). It's a little longer & bigger blossom head for the lavender. Looking forward to getting out there this week & cutting more to bring in the house!

June 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home