Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Creche Angel - Day 6 - #jan30in30

6"x6" oil on archival panel

Today is Epiphany, or Three Kings Day, Today is Epiphany, or Three Kings Day...a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ. I'm going to be wrapping up our creche, or manger scene from Christmas, and decided I must paint the angel first. This is a new creche in our house, I just bought it in December at our church bazaar. It was brought back from a summer church mission to Ecuador this summer by another member. They got to see some of these pieces being carved. I'd been hoping to find a set like this to have in our house during Christmas-time...though I'm especially fond of the angel!
 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home