Saturday, April 14, 2007

Beet Greens

5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite

I'm down in Easton, MD this weekend to attend a workshop taught by painter Tracey Frugoli. We spent this day in discussion and demo - actually VERY helpful for me! Tomorrow we paint all day & she's available to instruct us.

This morning before we began, I went to town early and went through the farmers market- there was some beautiful produce! I could NOT resist these beet greens with their gorgeous red stems and veins! OOHHH - love this color. So when I got back to my hotel room this evening, I just had to set them up on the desk here in the room & paint them! Well, the photography is under a rather warm desk light- I'll need to get another photograph under some good daylight- for a better view! But you get the idea! Have paint-box, will travel AND PAINT!! It's fun being able to take this laptop with me and share paintings done away from home!

This piece is available from my eBay store. Click here to visit and bid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home