Tuesday, April 3, 2007

draw-in of Big Ben

18"x24" oil on gallery wrapped canvas, (stapled on back) 3/4" thick

I think this is going to be a very fun one for me to paint. Mainly because it brings back memories of a wonderful trip with my daughters that I have just returned from. They are studying over in London this semester and were able to show me all around when I visited during their spring break. We spent this particular afternoon walking through St. James Park. The daffodils were such a great thrill for me as back home in CT everything is still brown & grey...(okay the sprouts of some bulbs are just starting to poke out of the ground!) Looking back across the park, you see Big Ben rising above the tree line. The people appear so small in the distance, this place is much bigger than I first thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home