Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shelter - sold


8"x10" oil on linen mounted on board

I went out my front door the other day & noticed that the porch needed sweeping. There were twiggy things & grasses laying all over it. As I went back in the front door, I noticed right at eye level - a bird nest situated snugly in the wreath hanging on the door! At the time, it was empty, I wasn't sure if it had been abandoned or was just being started. Well, by that afternoon I had my answer.....there was a pretty little Robin's egg in there. The next day there was another one, and today a third egg! Now we don't go out the front door. Momma robin is sitting in the nest - she owns this space now. It is a nice covered porch next to a flower garden with soft dirt & earthworms for sure. What a great place to shelter for one smart birdie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home