Thursday, June 14, 2007

block-in more, Pink Peonies in the Salt Glazed Jug


20"x16" oil on canvas

I've continued by blocking in the color on the jug & the shadow side of the flower heads. Squint to see where the shadow shapes are. I drove back to the nursery in Old Lyme to get more cut peonies. Today they just had the very light pink, and some dark fuscia red ones. I wanted these light ones to place in this particular jug. I think the grey tones of the jug & pale pink of the flowers will look quite dramatic against the dark reds of this beautiful wool fabric. As I continue to block in the color, I'll indicate darks & lights on the leaves, as well as the lights of the flowers. As I progress, I'll pay more attention to edges. More tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home