Saturday, June 9, 2007

draw-in of Clementine and Cup

6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite

I always enjoy seeing the beginnings, middles, and endings of other artists work. It helps me understand their process.....and for today, this is as far as I got - just the draw-in. I like to draw in oils mixed with a good bit of turps rather than draw in with charcoal or pencil. I do like the 'movability' of the fluid inky lines, that I can change with one wipe, draw, re-draw until I like what I see. It's nice to have at least overnight to reflect and see any drawing errors that glare out at you before you progress. And this is probably way more details than I need at this stage of the game any way! Oils paints are so malleable, carvable, forgiving, and an absolute delight to work with. Well, more fun tomorrow after a good hard look at what's here now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home