Friday, July 20, 2007

Towards Bray Head, Valentia, Ireland - sold


9"x12" oil on oil primed linen mounted on board

On the morning of Thursday, July 12, we painted at the base of the trail to Bray Head. There are fabulous views in all directions. I wanted to paint the slope of the hill rising towards Bray Head, but capture the cottages, and the fields of sheep that lay before me. The whole time I painted the only sounds were the wind in the grasses and the waves crashing behind me, and the sheep baaa-aaing to each other! The sky began to change rapidly before me....gray clouds began to blow away & out came the sun & that clear, cerulean blue sky color re-appeared (YAY!). And that sky does affect every color on earth below it! It is fun to watch this change "before your very eyes"!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home