Friday, September 14, 2007

Path in Late Summer -sold


6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

Ah, back to my favorite little paint-box (ok, one of them...) after a couple of chaotic days.

A well-worn path winding through fields and woods is always refreshing on a beautiful day - how about today?! This is a scene from my last hike over in Stonington, CT! I sent this out with a lovely quote that I found on tomorrow morning's "Cheer Factor" email. "If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint." -Edward Hopper

If you'd like an uplifting quote delivered to you via email each morning with a small thumbnail of today's daily painting, contact me via email directly roxannesteed@gmail.com & request to be added to my daily "Cheer Factor" email - FREE.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally Shisler said...

This is wonderful Roxanne! What a great composition. I LOVE the foreground!

September 15, 2007 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sally!

September 15, 2007 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

I like Stonington and this really captures the essence of the countryside. I like your brush strokes in the grasses and the way the lines (paths )direct my eye. Very textural.

September 15, 2007 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home