Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sheep in the Meadow, Waterville Lake, Ireland -sold



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

It's a shame I don't golf, the courses are set up on the most beautiful patches of earth on the planet. Waterville, Ireland (over in County Kerry) is home to one of these 'best in the world' courses, (so I'm told). But it is beautiful there, I've painted in the rain there- one of my most memorable times painting outdoors! And brought home much source material to paint at home. I knew when I was over there, I'd be painting sheep back home. Their fuzzy muzzles buried in the deep grass, just a few would be on 'alert' and poke their heads up to look, we must've looked harmless, they went back to their business of eating.

I leave out of Boston to go back tomorrow, my third visit to this beautiful place. And I'm so grateful for my friend Barbara Mastaglio for introducing me to this incredible place. She runs an artist's retreat in the summers - please visit her website.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Roxanne, This is fantastic. I really like your palette and composition in this one. Cooper

February 27, 2008 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Cooper! I have had so much fun with this series...and am so in love with this place. (sigh, can't wait til June to go back!) ;-)

March 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home