Saturday, May 3, 2008

Florida Evening



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

This is the one scene I took the time to paint while working at my mom's down in Florida this past week. I had had enough of helping her sort paper for the day. I went outside just as the sun was beginning it's descent. I sat on the driveway and watched the light on the trees in the neighbors yard. The light, the fragrance of the blooming flowers and trees, the sounds...all of these brought back memories of the this very place I sat as a child. At that time 40 years ago, I sat in a little red wagon, with a Bic pen and notebook paper, doodling whatever came to mind. The trees are much bigger now, more Spanish moss adorns the limbs, hanging heavy in the evening air. It's still such a beautiful place to me and I especially miss the warm winters and the flowers that seem to grow non-stop all year! (sigh). Paintings are memory keepers for the artist as well as the viewer, keeping all those things in view to remind us of the places we love.

Click here for purchase information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home