Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gorse in Glenbeigh



20"x20" oil on 1.5" deep gallery wrap canvas

My last trip to Ireland began at the end of February. Arriving in Shannon, we drove from there to Valentia Island, stopping at several places along the way. Around the area of Glenbeigh we came through a valley of lush green - and the most vibrant yellow- gorse! Now from a distance the stuff is beautiful. On closer inspection it's quite the un-friendly looking stuff. Full of thorns & rather rugged, tough looking, it's flowers are definitely it's best feature. This farm-stead we came upon was so beautiful, I felt like I was in a movie set. Could any place real be this lovely? The old stone bridge crossed the creek with banks of gorse and led to the cottage on the other side. Far in the distance across the valley are Macgillycuddy's Reeks (dark purply mountains). I find myself saying these place names over & over...just to hear the sound of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Roxanne...this took my breath away! Norma

May 9, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home