Friday, June 6, 2008

Boats at Portmagee, Ireland - sold



16"x20" oil on oil-primed canvas mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

This one I've worked on for a few days now. I'm so excited about the lush painterly quality of the surface from using palette knives and brushes as well. A week from Sunday and I'll be back in Ireland! I'm so excited to come home with some new paintings from this beautiful place, as well as lots of source material for many new paintings! My friend Barbara Mastaglio has introduced me to this wonderful place in Ireland where she runs an artist's retreat every summer. This will be the third summer I've been able to explore the island of Valentia and the surrounding areas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Roxanne,
mmmmmmmmmmm, this quiet view with a big Guinness, perfect !!
lovely
Alex

June 7, 2008 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Austin Maloney said...

I love this one. Great light.

June 7, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home