Monday, October 6, 2008

Sailing on the Sound - sold



16"x20" oil on canvas mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
- Anthony J.D. Angelo


Today's painting is "Sailing in the Sound". The last couple weekends I've been hiking down by the shore (I live close to the Long Island Sound)....the boats are out getting their last outings for the season. When the breeze kicks up these sail boats really move. I'm not a sailor, but I do love to watch these boats. They are another beautiful part of being in New England!

I found a statement by the artist C.W. Mundy that really strikes a chord with me- my thoughts on painting...."The power of suggestion is greater than the statement of reality." I made the connection at one point that the mind will fill in where needed...and I've been working towards a looser style ever since. Over the past few years I've been working with bigger brushes and palette knives - experimenting with the marks these tools make as opposed to smaller, flatter brushes. I'm enjoying this immensely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home