Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eden Roses In The Dragonfly Teapot - sold



8"x8" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"One may live without bread, not without roses.”

- Jean Richepin


I thought we were expecting a line of thundershowers across our end to the state today...of course, it never materialized. By that time I had cut off several blossoms to fill this favorite teapot that I use for holding flowers. This variety of rose has a soft fragrance (but not overpowering) and is climbing part of our fence-line...draping over it just beautifully!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger NORA KASTEN said...

Roxanne,
I really enjoy viewing your paintings since finding you on the Palette Knife Painting blog. I wish you had a place for "Followers".
Nora

June 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Hi Nora; Thanks for your kind words, I'm so glad you've enjoyed the paintings. I've tried to do some more 'blog tweaking' recently to add some more features like this on the right column...but have been stumped on a few items....

There is a follow-button at the top, or the thing I like is the feed-blitz subscriber service. But I will keep trying to figure out how to add the 'followers' on the right column....I like seeing those, too!

June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home