Thursday, January 6, 2011

Do You Sudoku?



4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"There is no cure for birth and death except to enjoy the interval."
- George Santayana



Another type of light on today's figure. Here the light is cooler with warmer tones in the shadows, yet she still contrasts against the distant hedge. I knew this candid shot of my daughter working a suduko puzzle had the potential for an interesting painting. I'm calling it "Do You Sudoku?". My daughter used to enjoy working those puzzles.


This work is 4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard and is available to purchase from my DailyPainters.com gallery store.



*****Last week!! - Here in CT: I have three paintings juried into the Lyme Art Association "Deck The Walls" show, which runs from Dec. 10th- January 8th 2011. I am honored to be able to take part in this show with some of New England's finest painters!


I'm currently taking commissions for next year - 2011- if you have a special pet, event, memorable place, that you'd like to commemorate!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home