Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pink Daisy, Snapple & An Apple



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci


"Daisy, Snapple & An Apple" is a 6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard, another one of my 'little gems' available from my Daily Painters Gallery or here on my blog.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email


Looking for items to play off a red/green color complement theme, I had this old Snapple bottle that a neighbor had rooted some plants in for me. It seemed to go perfectly with this bright pink gerbera daisy and green apple. Funny what you'll find when looking for still-life props! Sometimes, simplicity is the key...the answer to what you really need.

I used to have a drawer full of fabric as I used to sew quite a bit. On one of our last moves, I gave most of that away, since I wasn't using it. Now I'm remembering the colors and pieces of cloth that I had and am thinking what great back-drops they would make for some of these floral paintings. hmm, Hindsight is 20/20.


*****Upcoming shows - Here in CT: I'll be taking part in the Mystic Art Center's Members Exhibition which opened this past Friday, January 14th, runs through the 26th of February. Hope you get a chance to see this show right here on the banks of the Mystic River.

Also- I've juried in to the 19th Annual Associate Artist Exhibition at Lyme Art Association!! The show runs from January 14th - February 26th. The Opening Reception is Friday, January 21st, from 5-7pm. I am truly honored to be hanging in this historic venue with many of New England's finest artists!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Hoeptner said...

Congratulations on getting into the juried shows, Roxanne! Lovely painting.

January 20, 2011 at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home