Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Skellig View, Valentia Island, Ireland plein-air



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel

During the month of March I'll be offering some subscriber specials (2009 prices and shipping is on me!) on some of my paintings of Ireland that are still in need of a good home. Some of these were done on location....brought back in my wet panel carrier through customs! Others were painted here in my studio from my reference materials from my travels over there. All of them bring me wonderful reminders of a place that owns my heart and has captured my imagination. My first selection to bring 'out of the vault' is a plein air piece, "Skellig View, Valentia Island, Ireland". It is a 6"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival panel. Offered at early 2009 (unframed) price of $100 and shipping is on me. Even though this particular day was chilly with a stiff wind, I was able to paint from the window of my friend's studio, which has this incredible view out over the Atlantic Ocean, with Skellig Michael and Little Skellig just off shore. Would you like to attend an artist's retreat like this? Please visit my the website of my friend Barbara Mastaglio who is offering another retreat this summer! Contact me here for availability of this painting. To make sure you don't miss any of my subscriber specials, please sign up for my Cheer Factor newsletter here!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home