Monday, July 25, 2011

Cloudy With A Strong Chance Of Flowers



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on board

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." - Friedrich Engels



During my 'computer crash' time I decided I'd push a little larger on some of my plein-air work. I had been working on a steady stream of 8x10s, and wanted to gradually push towards some larger pieces. This was not a huge stretch into bigger sizes by any means, but I was pleased with the results!

They were calling for thunder storms the day I painted this. I didn't want to get caught out in bad weather, but didn't want to loose any painting days outside if possible - so, from the protection of my garage, this side of our lawn was a perfect view! Somehow on a gray day colors of flowers seem even more intense. The sun isn't bleaching out the color nor is it so blinding that you can't see. Which makes those gray days quite enjoyable for painting!

This painting can be purchased directly from me in my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam Holnback said...

Love it! Sometimes simplifying a whole garden can be tricky...you got tit!

July 26, 2011 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Pam! What's been fun are the various shapes/colors/textures in this garden- it's been fun to simplify these into paintings. The best part is watching this garden evolve over the years...and then documenting these changes in paint. Always fun to see what the next year brings.

July 26, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home