Saturday, August 6, 2011

Remains Of The Day



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel

"People live for the dream in their hearts. And I have yet to know anyone who has not some secret dream, some hope, however dim, some storied wall to look at in the dusk, some painted window leading to the soul." ~Zane Grey

I'm down in Norfolk, VA this weekend, visiting with fellow artist Norma Wilson, and trading out some paintings at London Square Gallery. A few of us got together yesterday just to paint and catch up. Luckily I brought my laptop with photos of Barn Island, in Stonington (CT) that I've been wanting to paint. I love the abstract shapes within the marsh as dusk falls. The colors of the grasses change minute by minute until the sun finally sets...purple dusk turning to night fall, the sun giving its final light show before taking a bow below the horizon.

This painting can be purchased framed, directly from me, through my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home