Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Niantic River & Marina, Plein Air

12"x12" oil on archival panel

For more information about this painting, click here, or contact me here.

Every beautiful day that's left during summer, I'm hoping to get out of the studio to go paint on location. This was one of those days! I packed up the gear & headed over to Niantic. Across the river from me is the striped awning of where I had lunch with friends another day that week! I painted this on a Friday, and the boats were pretty active, coming and going (mostly going out into the bay and beyond!).  Some people going fishing, some just cruising, others heading out for a day of sailing.  At the riverside park I was painting from, there were several people out fishing from the banks, some just bringing a lunch to get outside for a short bit, and some just out walking enjoying the sunshine on a terrific day.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home