Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daisies & Zinnias ACEO Floral Original Oil Painting


3.5"x2.5" oil on fine canvas board


More in my series of these fun ACEO florals.  You can see in my rush to save as many zinnias & daisies as I could, I cut boodles of them to paint. For a little while, I had all these arrangements setting on the island counter top in my kitchen. It looked like a florists shop in there!   

It has been several years since I have used eBay as a place to sell, but I did enjoy it back in its 'heyday'.  I've begun a new series of ACEOs,  so far all florals - and I knew eBay would be the perfect place to highlight these! These little gems make a perfect gift idea! 

For those of you not familiar with the acronym ACEO, it stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals.  The miniature paintings are the size of a baseball trading card, 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.  This category of art has become increasingly popular on eBay the last couple of years.  These can be displayed on their own, or with a tiny little easel (like the kind you can find in Michaels Arts & Crafts type stores) on a display shelf, or these beautiful gems can be elegantly matted and framed with perhaps a mat of 4 inches wide.  ACEOs also make wonderful gifts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home