Friday, January 18, 2013

"Improvisation I - Variations on a Theme" Marsh and Woodlands

6"x6" oil on archival panel, $100


Improvisation - to make a variation on a theme.  This little painting is a variation on a plein air painting that I did just recently in fall.   I'm wanting to do a much larger painting from the original, but I've made some slight alterations in color and shape/composition.  So I'm trying these out in this small piece before I jump back to a 40"x30".  

This has been a fun project for me, all these marsh paintings from Barn Island. I was going through them this afternoon, to label them, and found that I've neglected to  blog a couple of these! So, I spent the rest of the afternoon labeling paintings, photographing the two large ones I recently finished, and getting my desk organized again (well, I'm still working on that).


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home