Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peonies In Sunlight

20"x24" x0.75" oil on gallery wrap canvas (edges are painted)

By the time you read this, I'll be flying out of Boston, en-route to Paris, France. I am so excited over this trip, and can't believe it's finally here! I expect to gain lots of insights from our workshop leader, Dream Tolle Perry - and I'll be glad to "share the scoop" with you! I know that as I write this (Tuesday), she's already had chocolate in Paris (France, not Kentucky) and arrived at our destination to prepare for the sixteen artists that are due to arrive on Thursday at Le Vieux Couvent! 

Meanwhile back in Connecticut, I've been painting, between packing and preparing. Everything that has bloomed in the garden has been ripe for the picking, cutting, arranging, etc. The peonies were no exception. Standing out in the backyard painting in my "art dining room" of both sunny and shady places has really been rewarding.  It's taken a lot of sweat effort from hubby and myself.  I've got roses pouring off the fences right now. I hope they'll continue until my return.

Back to packing, au revoir!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Roxanne, This is a lovely painting ! Love the color and overall feel of it . I tried to click on the text, but it failed .

June 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Sorry Judith, I'll try to remedy this as soon as I'm able!

June 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home