Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mentoring Mondays in May! -Gaining direction for YOUR art journey!

 Some of the most interesting paintings start with quite simple beginnings. Sometimes we wonder, "where do I begin? or, now that I'm 'here' where do I go next?" Join me during the month of May for "Mentoring Mondays" from 9:30- 12 noon, $35 for each Monday.  We'll meet the 5th, 12th, 19th. (the 26th is a holiday weekend, but we can determine if we'd like to continue in June). Call to reserve your spot- I have space for a limited number of students!

 We'll be covering values; bright pure colors vs. grays (& how to mix them); edges (soft vs. hard); brush/knife stroke variety; variety of shapes and sizes; and composition.

 Many people find bringing in a new tool such as a painting knife, or a squeegee adds such an interest to their work. Starting out with simple exercises is a good way to get the 'feel' of using tools that are new to you, while also considering all of the following:
We'll be covering values; bright pure colors vs. grays (and how to mix them); edges (soft vs. hard); brush/knife stroke variety; transparent paints vs. opaques and how to best use these to your advantage; variety of shapes and sizes; and composition.

If you have particular concerns, things you'd like to learn, let me know, I want to help you find the next path of your art journey! 
More thoughts on workshops and  finding your direction on your art journey in my next post.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home