Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"Water's Edge", Watch Rock Preserve, Old Lyme, CT, IRISH TRAVEL JOURNAL artist's workshop

6"x6"x1" oil on archival cradled panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here.

I am really enjoying the process of these paintings - starting with a watercolor sketch on location, and basing an oil painting on these, using intuition, memory and the color sketch. 


This is such great fun, and I find that I'm able to record a lot of 'usable' information visually. Not only do I get to enjoy the sketch journal, but I enjoy them a second time when I use them for the basis of an oil painting. 

If you like this idea, you should consider joining me this September in Ireland! I am leading & teaching an IRISH TRAVEL JOURNAL workshop. We'll be based on Valentia Island, with Barbara Mastaglio's Art on the Ring of Kerry (Ireland) Plein Air Artist's Retreat. I've been there many times now....8? 9? or 10? after a while, who's counting- I'm welcomed like a local, and you will be, too! Barbara lives there when she's not in the U.S. and we are able to see and experience some incredible things! Mark your calendar for September 11-18th, 2016. The website will be updated soon will this year's information: http://www.valentiaart.com/ In the mean time, enjoy the scenery!














 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home