Thursday, October 29, 2015

End of Summer Paintings, Blues, Deux, and Transitions

30"x24"x1.5" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
To purchase "Delphinium Blues", or for more information, click here.  
The colors in my summer garden are long past now, but I'm just getting around to sharing the new of what I made of it! First - a whopping bundle of thank-yous to my hubby (my personal garden guru) who had the good foresight to try delphiniums one more time! We usually manage to kill them off, pronto. But this time, their survival mechanism kicked in, so that they could actually look great in the yard for a while AND get to be in a painting! 

16"x20" x1" oil on gallery wrapped stretched canvas
For more information, or to purchase "Deux, S'il Vous Plait" , click here.  
 Summer in New England is rather delightful. My back deck is always beckoning, hydrangeas have been spectacular this year! The good thing is, there are always plenty to cut for another painting!
Like this one:
 30"x24"x1.5" Oil on deep gallery wrapped canvas. 
For more information or to purchase "Transitions", click here. 
If you haven't guessed it by now, or you are new to my blog, you know that I love painting flowers from life. This batch is nearing the end of the summer season, and funny thing, all these came from the same bush! Sort of symbolic, I reasoned. We all go through our seasons in life. "Transitions" really resonated with me, as we've been through some of life's big transitions this year, among them; travel, a funeral, a wedding, and some new work changes my hubby is taking on. This painting really is my heart-felt favorite of the year. 

But then, there are small pieces that I do love, too!
 
10"x10"x1" oil on cradled birch panel
For more information, or to purchase "Deep Blue and Copper" click here.  
Some of the last hydrangeas of our summer garden are in this bouquet, before an early frost got to them. They are just one of my favorite garden flowers - I'd miss them like crazy if we didn't have them! So I paint them, so that we can all enjoy them year round. I do hope one of these resonates with you, too!   
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home