Friday, January 5, 2007

Benched, 6"x8"- sold


I have been wanting to paint a snow scene for some time now.....even though we haven't seen any up here in CT for a while. I was trying to remember, I think we had a bit in early November? Before that it was last year. Trying to work from a photo from last year and memory, of the bench in my front yard (out of the front studio window) I initially had the snow too warm. After painting the sails on yesterday's Sorolla study, I realized - there's my snow colors! Back to the easel to finish this little painting. Now I'm happy..and ready for the next snow fall - if we actually get any this winter? It's really weird being in the mid 50's in January in CT!

This painting is sold to Cathy Ziehl of Newton, MA. Thank you Cathy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home