Monday, May 21, 2007

Stargazers


30"x40" oil on stretched linen canvas

framed, gold leaf with linen liner

I spent most of today down in Madison, delivering this painting to Foxglove Gallery....then made it home to get a major haul of groceries later.

This painting is one of my favorites, done from life with these lilies opening as I painted. Each day the strong fragrance grew - I knew I had to finish before I became delirious! They will open over the course of a few days- and as each bud opens the fragrance becomes more & more intense!

Please contact me if you are interested in this painting: roxannesteed@gmail.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Malott said...

What a lovely piece, Roxanne. Your handling of the lilies is great. Their varied detail is skillfully done. Cheers! Heidi

May 22, 2007 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

Roxanne- Lovely.The next time you drive up to Madison, let me know and I can meet you for tea. I'm right around the corner. I can also see the real painting.

May 22, 2007 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Heidi & Cheryl!
Cheryl, I'll definitely take you up on tea in Madison!!!

May 23, 2007 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home