Saturday, June 2, 2007

Kentford Farm Study - sold

4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite

yeah, I know, it seems I'm jumping from one subject to another. So, here is my train of thought (from yesterday's subject). This tour/fundraiser has been on my calendar for over a month. Kentford Farm is one of Connecticut's premier Perennial Gardens. They hosted a plant sale & garden tour for Alliance for Living (a group that I support by donations of art for the Art for Living fundraiser in the early spring). I knew this would be not only another chance to support this group, but a great day for a photo shoot in the most fabulous gardens I've seen in a long time. There was a surprise around every corner. and I'm so glad I went. This little painting is a quick study for a larger format painting. These small studies help me mull the idea over in my head.....for a larger project.

Afterwards, I made the hour-plus trip up to New Britain to Jerry's Art-a-rama for more paints, canvas, and Galkyd Lite (to proceed on the painting you saw in yesterday's blog entry).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home