Friday, June 1, 2007

Sunny Morning View (start)


20"x24" oil on canvas

This is one I started a while ago, from life. The flowers have since died of course, & the window-sill re-arranged numerous times. But I want to come back & finish it, I really like what I've got laid out so far. Since the paint is too dry to work wet into wet, I've taken Kevin Macpherson's advice & will sand off any lumps/textural passages (this one's fairly smooth so far). Then I take rub on a really thin film of Galkyd Lite medium over the canvas. Then I paint into this layer, which will act as an adhesive to the lower layer. Now, where did I put that little bitty nautilus shell? Hopefully, you'll see some interesting changes take place on this one the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home