Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Proof of Enchantment - sold


4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite

During my last two trips to Ireland, I found myself in constant amazement of the bountiful growth of these fuscia plants - in Valentia, off the southwest end of Ireland, these grow in huge, gargantuan, hedgerows of the stuff! Back here in the states.....from the east coast to the west coast, I can't tell you how many hanging pots of these delicate babies I have killed off! Can't keep them longer than a few months. I always do too much of something to them, either water, sun, shade, you name it, I can't keep them long at all. Over there, they are obviously among the living & thriving. Call them enchanted or blessed- they are all of that.....proof of the divine!

I'll get back to yesterday's post another day...I want to give it a rest before I tackle the problems that need 'fixing'. While it's summer I do want to enjoy some time with my daughters while I'm able. One was at work, but the other had time off today. So after lunch we went over to the beach, sat & hunted for sea glass. Wow, we came up with several really pretty pieces. And she even found a BLUE piece! What a lucky girl she is! Today was a terrific summer day..... that I know my mind will drift back to all winter long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home