Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary! (unfinished)

30"x30" oil on gallery wrap canvas - It's still unfinished, but I made a lot of progress today. You can see some of the flowers I've done on small pieces the last couple of days. (The large lavender Chinese mums & the little white button mums. ) I think I have some work on the table top, the pears....and then I'll give it a bit of a rest , see if anything else needs finishing. I can only work on it in the daylight, though. It's in a north window (where I like to place still-life setups when working in natural light) but at dinner time....it's time to stop. It definitely needs to be photographed in better lighting (do-over!). Large paintings are quite physical endeavors, you MUST stand to work especially on a piece this big. I'm constantly walking, back & forward, looking, then painting. It's like a dance......with a rather large partner!

Email me if you have questions regarding this painting, or would like 'first dibs': roxannesteed@gmail.com - Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home