Monday, September 17, 2007

Dune Crest - sold


8"x8" oil on deep (1& 1/2") gallery wrap canvas

I am re-posting this one from mid-summer. I'm finding it hard to let go of summer & the beautiful long days. I do enjoy fall, but it's a reminder of what's coming next. My time at the easel is constantly interrupted this week and next, but I know life will ease up after the end of the month, when Ron's Change of Command & Retirement ceremony is behind us.....and our new life as civilians begins! The military has been a great life for us, full of challenges for certain, but full of really good friends, interesting places.....and things I would never trade. The challenges made me tougher, and the friends facing similar challenges helped soften the rough places in life.
Hope I get some easel time tomorrow, another landscape is in store - and ready to come out of the brush!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Wonderful work Roxanne, yours "dunes" with these high sky and excelent brush strokes are the best of yours, in my oppinion.
I like very much "Marsh side of the Dune", in these two works your color palette and brush strokes are in the best level, impressionism and expressionism perfectly mixed in one piece.
Keep yor wonderful plain air painting Roxanne.
Alex.

September 18, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Alex! I have admired your landscapes & seascapes from the first time I saw them! I do appreciate your comments!!

September 20, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home