Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dawn, Breaking Light on the Greenhouse (Harkness Park) - sold



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on board (Raymar)


This evening I put the finishing touches on this painting that I started yesterday. The morning that I went out to the greenhouse at Harkness Park was pre-dawn. I had planned to see the sun come up & move across everything along the shore line before it rose up high in the sky. It was incredible to see as it came across the fields & hit the face of the old turn of the century greenhouse. The panes of glass reflected the most beautiful warm colors while the rest of the surrounding atmosphere was that pre-dawn mauvy sky. At that time of day it seems like your eyes just begin to see color - everything is muted by the remainder of night....getting pushed away by the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane LaFazio said...

Well Hello Roxanne!!! Wow, good for you girl, look at all your wonderful paintings, and selling like hotcakes! Waay cool. Don and I are fine, in San Diego, and the fires came very close. You can read about it on my blog http://www.janeville.blogspot.com/
Sounds like life is good for you in Connecticut. And yes, use the quote, but I didn't create it, so give credit to anonymous.
xoxo
Jane

October 29, 2007 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home