Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wet Woods, Hudson River - sold



4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

Have you ever taken a walk in the woods when it's raining? Or at least a misty drizzle? The wet tree bark looks so dark & the leaves look so fresh & green! This is from my retreat last week to the Hudson River Valley. This bit of woods is at the top of the slope leading down to the Hudson River. The path is so inviting. If only I had brought my "wellies", I could have been slogging around for hours without getting wet feet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Malott said...

I love your palette in this Roxanne! You really captured the misty, wet look. Cheers!

October 18, 2007 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Thick rich paint, beautiful clean color completes a well balanced painting with light and mood. Love the orange red dabs.

October 18, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home