Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Beach Babe -sold



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

OMG! Why is it that when you CAN'T go to the beach & have warm sunny weather, that's all I can think about? It started out rainy & gray this morning, usually I try to 'embrace' what ever's out there in the great outdoors. But today I've been craving the warm sun on my skin, a big floppy straw hat, a balmy breeze, and sand between my toes. I practically made myself miserable just thinking about it. So I looked through all my photos 'til I found something I'd like to paint that made me feel better. By the time I finished this painting - I was happy again....by brain was in that warm sun-shiny place...and I remembered - I AM going SOUTH ...to the beach for Thanksgiving! Now I'll be smiling through next week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Kelly said...

Very nice!
GKelly

November 14, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Gretchen!!

November 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home