Friday, November 2, 2007

Reflections of Bull's Bridge (block in)



16"x20" oil on linen mounted on board

I really wanted to get started on a large painting today! Our drive last weekend took us past several covered bridges in the western half of CT. This is Bull's Bridge....(not sure what it was named for, but I guess there must be a story behind it!). Anyway, today I got just a bit further than this block-in you see here. More tomorrow! I'm really enjoying the beauty of New England this year in every painting I work on!

Had a wonderful opening this evening at Studio 33 Gallery on State Street in New London. It's a group show and runs until December 29.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Barr said...

I love the "orangeness" of this. Reminds me of a George Inness luminous scene beginning!

November 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Candy! This has been very fun one to work on so far!!

November 4, 2007 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home