Monday, August 4, 2008

Moonlight on the Resevoir




6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

Today's painting is called "Moonlight on the Resevoir". This evening (Monday evening as I write this) we took our daughters out for dinner to one of their favorite places to eat in New London, the "North Indian Restaurant". Tomorrow (Tuesday- today as you read it) they are heading back to Florida for their last year in college. On the way home from dinner it was already dark outside. As we passed by the Groton Resevoir, a large crescent moon hovered over the water leaving it's reflection sparkling through the tall evergreens on this side...between the road and the water. Thank goodness my husband was driving - I had to just stare at the whole scene - and take in every bit. I knew I would paint it from memory as soon as I got home.

For purchase information (and another view of the painting) click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home