Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cottage Garden Morning, New England Summer



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

I wait for summer all year long! This year all the blossoms are particularly beautiful! How did we get so lucky? Each morning my neighbors and I walk our regular route around the neighborhood. It's a neighborhood of beach cottages down by the Long Island Sound. One cottage has one of my favorite gardens- summer flowers draping over and around a white picket fence, a rose arbor to greet you at the front walk, and white 'oak-leaf' hydrangeas to frame the house. The flag is always flying. Morning sunlight just before 8:00 am lights up the face of the porch and the tops of the flowers and shrubs. One day at our new house I hope to have lush plantings like this! (Well, give me a few years!)

For purchase information, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home