Friday, January 30, 2009

Skellig Boats Pierside - Portmagee, Ireland-palette knife painting



8"x10" oil on linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

"The difficulties which I meet with in order to realize my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilize my activities, my capacities."
- Jose' Ortega Y Gasset


Whenever I am coming into Portmagee, I like to look down toward the pier and see if Pat Joe Murphy's boat 'Shelluna' is there. I've been out to Skellig Michael 4 times now on his boat - and the last trip out this past summer was sooo memorable. It was a beautiful day- the best venture out I'd had yet. A small boat feels even smaller out on open ocean, yet the sea was calm. Just beyond us a school of large fish was rushing ahead. Pat Joe turns a bit off course and speeds up to give chase, he looks back at us, smiling! They were all so beautiful!! - my heart was flying and a smile wrapped itself around to the back of my head! They were fast & rushed out of reach, cresting the water as they went. So back we turned toward the skellig, with one adventure of the morning already under our hat!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $12 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home