Saturday, January 10, 2009

Unruffled - Inishmor Chicken, Ireland



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"To survive we must begin to know sacredness. The pace at which most of us live prevents this."
-Chrystos


This is the 4th in my series of 6"x6" 'Fine Feathered Fowl of Inishmor'. There's always someone in a group that stays calm, no matter what....hence the idea for "Unruffled". This little red hen was not as impressed by me as I was of her!

I've finally indulged that desire to have chickens running around me...although it won't last for long, three of these recent paintings have sold (one the 8x10 palette knife painting)- and there are two left that are part of the set of original four- (both with the dark tails)! These two would make a nice set together (if you're thinking like I'm thinking)!


oops...well, I had this posted & another one sold just this evening - so now "Unruffled" is indeed the last of the four looking for a new home! It can be purchased from my Daily Painters Gallery for $100 plus $10 for shipping.

Thank you to all my collectors for making this a great start to the new year! And a big thanks to all those who send your kind comments & thoughts and sharing quotes and good stories as well. You all fuel my creativity and make me a happy soul!

oh yes, I do take commissions as well! If these roosters went faster than you could catch them....contact me roxannesteed@gmail.com - we'll cluck errr talk about it & I'll send you a price list by size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home