Monday, December 15, 2008

Gathering Shells on a Crisp Day (Assateague National Wildlife Refuge)



10"x 10" oil on gallery wrapped Belgian linen (3/4" deep, sides painted), design carries over to side.

"The most important things in life aren't things."
- (author unknown)


Today's painting is called "Gathering Shells on a Crisp Day". This piece was done as a study for a much larger commission. The commissioned piece is in its new home & those memories are cherished by its owners. One of their favorite places to vacation is Chincoteague/Assateague National Wildlife Refuge on the eastern shore of Virginia. It is a place that has captured my imagination ever since I was a "horse-crazy" young girl. Now I go there every September for a plein-air "paint-out" & sale with other artist friends from Virginia. If this is a favorite place of yours to visit- this lovely piece would be a great way to honor those memories with loved ones! I'm offering some special auction prices in my ebay store for those last minute Christmas gifts!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Schmit said...

Thanks for stopping by Roxanne!
I love your textures.
That is something I struggle with to combine with my tighter style.
Happy painting!

December 19, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home