Monday, February 16, 2009

Kerry Cow With Doulus Head & Dingle Peninsula Beyond, Ireland series



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on panel (Raymar)

"There is nothing so good as the wind and the sun for driving the foolishness out of one."
- Roycroft Epigrams


On my last trip to Ireland, this past summer, I hiked up to Bray Head on Valentia Island. From this point I turned back to look behind me, with the cows grazing all around me. You can see so far, all the way to Doulus Head and even the Dingle Peninsula rising up far beyond on the other side of the bay! On a sunny day you can get quite the sunburn in a short time. I had seen others get fried on previous trips, so I learned early on to wear sunblock every day! Even if I wore a long sleeved cotton shirt while painting, I'd come home with the brownest hands- a farmer tan or a painter's tan?

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $12 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home