Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red Roses For Love



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December."
- J. M. Barrie



I'm always reminded of why I like these little paintings so much! As an artist, I can quickly try out new colors, techniques in a small space, without a huge commitment. I'm liking what I tried out today, a couple new color combinations, as well as using smaller knives that I don't usually use. If you've followed my blog for awhile, you'll see that I use many of the same jars & vases over & over again in my still-life set-ups. I have 3 favorites....but I'm definitely on the hunt for a little more variety in flower containers!

And I especially love the quote...I'm trying to soak in the memories of so many beautiful flowers in the garden. I've got a long winter to last through!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When I see color like this it makes me happy! So lovely Roxanne.

June 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Nancy! Summer is my favorite time ...all the color!!! I just got back from the grocery store, bought sunflowers, apricots, & cherries....We'll see what turns up!

June 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Artist said...

love the light in that first rose upfront!

June 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home