Monday, August 22, 2011

Fine Day For A Sail, Harkness Park



12"x24" oil on stretched linen canvas

"It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage."
-George William Curtis


Ah- today was another really fantastic summer day in CT. Doesn't get any better than this. And I got to be out painting in it, back at Harkness Park, here on the coastline of our state. I do love being out here from season to season. By the time September rolls around the purple Joe-Pie weed will have butterflies from all over flitting in and out of these blooms.

I am enjoying the larger canvases outside - why did I wait so long to try this out? It's only a bit more planning to manage the larger canvases outdoors, but I sure found this to be very satisfying.

This painting is currently available directly from the artist at my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Cross said...

Beautiful paintings! Keep them coming!

August 23, 2011 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

THanks so very much for the kind words Joseph! I am enjoying summer immensely - trying to get out there as many days as I can. I love painting from life!!!

August 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home